As previously announced a number of changes to the Immigration Rules come into effect today, Tuesday 1 October 2013. The changes offer greater flexibility for businesses and workers and include:
- removing the English language requirement for intra-company transferees;
- making it easier for graduate entrepreneurs to switch into Tier 2;
- waiving share ownership restrictions for some senior staff; and
- allowing some students to work as interns under the Tier 5 government authorised exchange scheme;
Tourist and business visitors will benefit from the following changes:
- Allowing tourists and business visitors to do some study where it is not the main purpose of their visit.
- Expanding the activities a business visitor can do in the UK.
- Removing the prospective student route.
Further changes affect points-based system and family routes, and include provision for participants and personnel of the 2014 Commonwealth Games and locally engaged staff in Afghanistan.
(Source: UKBA Site)