Ethical, honest UAE business set-up & visa advice.
There are two ways in which a non-Emirati can form a company in the UAE:
- Mainland: This route allows any foreign individual to set-up and operate a business from the mainland. With this option you trade licence will be issued by The DET (Dubai Economic Tourism). With a DET mainland licence a foreign individual can operate and trade anywhere in the UAE.
- Freezone: A freezone licence is issued by specific freezones in the UAE. With this type of licence foreign individuals can establish a business but will be restricted to trade with companies in their respective freezone. The exception to this is Meydan Freezone whose partnership with the DET allows for for activities to take place in the mainland.
There are several types of residence visa that allows any foreign individual to reside in the UAE which include:
- Employment Visa: This type of visa allows a foreign national to live and work in the UAE for a specific employer. This can be your own company or any other UAE registered company.
- Investor Visa (Company): This type of visa allows a foreign national to live and work in the UAE. This type of visa can be applied for by company owners who have established a company in the UAE.
- Golden Visa: A golden visa visa can be granted to a foreign national who has invested at least 2M AED in an approved project / development in the mainland.
Get UAE advice
It’s worth noting that the requirements and process for obtaining a residence visa for the UAE can be complex and vary depending on your specific circumstances. Talk with with one of our regulated and experienced immigration consultants via WhatsApp below.